- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The special Europarlament delegation arrived in Georgia with a 3-day visit.2008-10-27 17:35
The special Europarlament delegation arrived in Georgia with a 3-day visit in order to learn the situation in a war-torn country, informs RIA-Novosti. The delegates meet a number of high-ranking members of the Georgian government, and also representatives of international organizations and some UN observers. In the course of visit a trip to Tskhinval region is planned.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We came to Georgia to learn the after-war situation. We meet the representatives of Georgian government, civilians who suffered in August, EU observers", - shared Mary Ann Isler-Begin.
According to her, special attention will be drawn to fate of refugees. "Our special attention is drawn to departed people. Some of them cannot get back home as their houses are still under Ossetian control. We must learn, what problems do they face as winter comes", - said Isler-Begin.
The results of the visit will be resumed in a report to Europarlament, then a certain plan to help Georgia will be made, as Mary Ann Isler-Begin pointed out.