- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Burdzhanadze establishes a new party “ Democratic Movement – United Georgia”2008-10-27 17:56
The leader of the fund of democratic development, Nino Burdzhanadze is back to politics. She establishes a new party, " Democratic Movement - United Georgia". She announced it on the press conference.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Burdzhanadze, the purpose of the new party is a struggle for a united and decent country with the help of democratic development.
The first constitutive meeting of the party will take place on 23rd of November. The date is chosen deliberately: on 23rd of November in 2003, during the "revolution of roses" the Georgian people were promised that the country will choose the way of democratic development. Burdzhanadze believes that the promise was broken. "Instead of democratic state we get authoritarian regime. Our primary task is the struggle for united and decent country with the help of democratic development. Our democratic movement will be based on the idea of unity of Georgia, national customs, euroatlantic and western values", - declared Burdzhanadze.
According to her, «Democratic Movement - United Georgia» will be strictly oppositive. "Democratic Movement is going to unite the people who know what exactly does Georgia need", - she added.
The party will cooperate with all politic forces, social organizations and persons who will act for the sake of Georgia's prosperity, - underlined she.