- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU observers conducted first official negotiations with South Ossetia authorities2008-10-28 10:34
On Monday the EU Observer mission representatives conducted their first official negotiations with South Ossetia authorities represented by Mikhail Mindzaev, the Head of the Minisry of Internal Affairs of the republic, informs RIA-Novosti alluding to Reuters.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to one of the observer mission representative, they were "technical negotiations", the access to South Ossetia territory for observers was discussed. The negotiations were held at the border of Georgia and Ossetia.
According to the Medvedev-Sarcosy plan, EU observers must keep safety of the zone bordering on South Ossetia. Earlier on Monday four European observers were seized by police in Tskhinval region (South Ossetia) crossing the border illegally. Identified, they were released. According to Murat Dzhioyev, i.A. Head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of South Ossetia, they have no right to cross the border without pre-warning the auhorities.