- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mass media: captain of Georgian football team to be removed for criticizing the government2010-04-16 11:43
Kakha Kaladze, the captain of Georgia's national football team, will be removed - Georgian mass media. In his recent interview the player of Milan said that "disgraceful" isn't two own goals in a match with Italy in autumn 2009, but President's "crawling on knees in Gori" in August 2008 -the VZGLYAD.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Kaladze is expected to be invited to the match - to avoid scandal - but deprived of captain's title and kept in reserve. In the future the player, who used to support Saakashvili, will be removed from the team.
The similar case occurred with Zurab Khizanishvili, a close relative of opposition member David Gamkrelidze. He was also removed for political reasons.
Kaladze made loud statements in 2003. In 2001 his brother, Levan, was kidnapped, and later searched for 5 years. In 2003 Kakha lost all trust to law enforcement system of Georgia, intended to renounce citizenship, but changed his mind in hope to find the brother. Levan died.
The footballer played in 64 matches, and scored 3 goals. As a player of Milan, won Champion Cup twice.