- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Speaker is proud of Georgian soldiers in Afghanistan2010-04-16 12:56
According to Georgian Speaker David Bakradze, staying in Afghanistan, when he saw Georgian soldiers, the Georgian flag on their uniform, he felt very prod as they were "reputably dressed, reputably prepared and reputably trained courageous Georgian soldiers," - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Bakradze and MPs spent one day with Georgian military in Afghanistan.
"It is the duty of politicians to stand morally and physically by the soldiers who are serving in Afghanistan. With this in mind, we decided to come to Afghanistan and spend one day in the same conditions our soldiers have to live in for months. We'll symbolically meet all those problems and dangers which they face during the mission together. By this act, we will demonstrate our attitude to their mission; we will demonstrate our respect for their service in such difficult conditions," he said - Messenger Online.
One of the parliamentary majourity leaders, Petre Tsiskarishvili, highlighted Georgian military in Afghanistan gain experience, become better fighters, more disciplined and experienced. "God save, but will be useful for the country in defense of Georgia," he said.
920 Georgian military are serving in Afghanistan: 170 under commandment of France, 750 - of the USA.