- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia started preparations for war in April, 2008, as it is believed in Abkhasia2008-10-29 13:03
Mikhail Mindzaev, the Internal Affairs Minister of South Ossetia claimed that Georgia had stated preparations for war long before. "Georgia had started preparations for war long before. I exactly know that in April they, in fact, were ready. And they didn't try hard to conceal that the South Ossetian issue will be solved to September, 1st . Saakashvili needed to prove something to his people that wanted to see him no longer", - quotes Interfax.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I know that they have documents describing the preparations for South Ossetia occupation. Let them publish the documents of the Ministry of Defense and the ministry of Internal Affairs. Such operations are not started without any preparations. Killed Georgian soldiers had maps. Everything was written on them - our dispositions, correlation of forces, roads to take. It couldn't be gathered in one day", - he said.
According to Mindzaev, he saw the first Russian airplane over Tskhinval only on August, 9th and "we get the hope that Russian aviation will support us. But up to 8 a.m. of August, 10th I didn't know that Russian land forces would appear".
As the Minister heard the position of Tbilisi claiming that the aim of Russia was the occupation of Georgia, he replied: "I heard this balderdash only from Georgians, when we were standing in the buffer zone. We announced to the whole world that our aim is to force Georgian army to peace and to draw their artillery away from Tskhinval. Neither us nor Russian army had any other purposes".
The Minister also rejected the Georgian proclamations of issuing Russian passports in the republic as a part of Russian preparations for war. »Ossetian people never parted themselves from Russians. We are genetically connected. That's why the accepted Russian citizenship. We needed to exchange Soviet passports. No-one wanted to exchange them for Georgian ones", - said Mindzaev.