- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The ratification of the treaties of friendship and collaboration with Abkhasia and South Ossetia will be considered by the Federation Council.2008-10-29 14:54
Discussions of ratification of the treaties of friendship and collaboration with Abkhasia and South Ossetia will be one of the prior topics in the agenda if the Federation Councilи, informs Interfax alluding to Sergey Mironov, the speaker of the Federation Council.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Mironov, ratification of these treaties will show the global society that "acceptance of Abkhasia and South Ossetia is not a part of military and political game, but the will of the Russian people, that has been cherishing friendship with their peoples for several centuries". "The majority of population of these republics are Russian citizens, and our country must ensure their security and keep from the repetition of the Tskhinval tragedy", - Mironov added.
In his view, ratification of the treaties forms a legal base for developing partnership of Russia and South Ossetia and Abkhasia in all spheres, including defence.
Today the State Duma unanimously ratified the treaties of friendship, collaboration, mutual assistance between the Russian Federation and Abkhasia, the Russian Federation and South Ossetia. The documents were signed on September, 17th in Moscow.