- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania spoke for signing the non-aggression pact with Abkhazia and SO2010-04-19 12:57
Former Permanent Representative to UN, leader of the oppositional Alliance for Georgia Irakliy Alasania considers the proposal to document the principle of the non-renewal of war with Abkhazia and South Ossetia "absolutely logical" and "proper", while the Georgian authorities fully reject it.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In his interview to Rezonansi newspaper he stated that President Mikhail Saakashvili "has got no political will to resume the negotiations without making preliminary conditions on the withdrawal of the troops, after which Georgia will be ready to sit down at the negotiating table", VZGLYAD reports.
He underlined that the Russian party must also fulfill the undertaken obligations. "It would be right to regain the trust first and then get down to urgent political issues", - the politician underlined.
"The growth of antagonism between Russia and Georgia does not meet our national interests and aggravates the integration with the European Union and European structures", - he is sure. "If we do not start negotiations with Russia we will be able to develop neither politically, nor economically", - Alasania stated.
"These negotiations must be held by the governments of the two countries and we will start them as soon as we come to power", - the oppositionist said. "I am sure we will be able to resume the political dialogue with Russia and at the same time defend Georgia's state interests", - he said. "The resumption of relationship with Russia is going to be a long-term process; still, it must be started as soon as possible", - the leader of the alliance summed up, having proposed to start with the economical, social and humanitarian projects.
He also criticized the activity of the First Caucasian Channel broadcasting from Georgia, which, in his opinion, does not correspond to the stabilization of the situation in the North Caucasus.