- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Orthodox Church delegation comes to Moscow for negotiations with Alexy II2008-10-29 17:05
On November, 4th a Georgian Orthodox Church delegation comes to Moscow. The delegates meet the Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia, Alexy II, informs Interfax, alluding to the official site of the Moscow Patriarchate. The visit is blessed with the Patriarch of all Georgia, His Holiness and Beatitude Ilia II.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The main topic is expected to be the situation in Abkhasia and South Ossetia. Georgian delegation consists of the Head of the Foreign Department of Georgian Church, Mtropolitan of Zugdidi and Tsaish Gerasim, Mitropolitan of Poti and Hob Grigoriy, the Archbishop of Gori and Samtavisi Andrey, and also an ex-ambassador of Georgia in Russia, Zurab Abashidze. The visit is over on November, 10th.
Recently the representatives of the Russian church have been claiming that Orthodox Church is in a sorry plight in Abkhasia and South Ossetia and have called Georgian church to pay more pastoral attention to people in these republics. As Nicolay Riabykh, the i.A. Church and Society Relationships Secretary of the Department for External Church Relations of the Moscow Patriarchate, said in his recent interview to The Subbota (Latvia), Russian Church might had restored a care for souls in South Ossetia and Abkhasia, as it was far from political conflicts and had no direct interest in its spheres of influence in these regions". "Whether Ossetaians and Abkhasians stay Christian or not - it depends on the way the Georgian Church, that previously cared for their souls, will understand the situation. It's Georgian Church that has to make the decision driven by care for people", - Father Georgiy underlined.