- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian frontier police chief decided to resign2008-10-29 17:42
Badri Bitsadze, the chief of the frontier police decided to send his resination caused,as he said, by the pressure imposed by authorities on his subordinates and surroundings.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On Wednesday extraordinary briefing Bitsadze claimed that in recent times, especially after the August events, frontier policemen have been accused of corruption ever more often.
According to Bitsadze, it's made deliberately and roughly. Even the videos proving the facts of corruption, cannot persuade professionals.
«Even the video makes clear: the bribe was given to the accused policeman by force», - announced Bitsadze.
Accirding to Bitsadze, he would like not to connect this anti-frontier police campaign with the restarted political activities of his wife, the ex-speaker of the Parliament, Nino Burdjanadze, but facts speak for themselves.
It should be noticed that recently Georgian mass media, especially the TV company Rustavi 2 have been speaking and writing on corruption of Georgian frontier police ever more active. Inoffocial information about possible resignation of Badri Bitsadze appeared in spreing, when Nino Burjanadze refused to be a candidate for the Parlaiment in the list of the ruling party, but this information found no proof until today.