- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
National Bank of Georgia is holding consultations on bank supervision2010-04-19 19:09
On April 19-20, National Bank of Georgia is holding a working meeting on banking supervision in Tbilisi together with the World Bank, GeorgiaTimes correspond reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the information provided by National Bank, the representatives of the relevant bodies of Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan are also taking part in the consultations. They are discussing the ways of overcoming the consequences of the financial crisis and experience exchange.
"The world financial crisis has confirmed the great role of the bank supervision and the proper regulation of the crisis situations management. The international financial institutes have underlined more than once that the proper regulation of the Georgian banking sector allowed avoiding serious shifts and coping with all the problems that emerged after August 2008 and could not be settled in the context of the world financial crisis", - Vice President of National Bank Archil Mestvirishvili stated at the opening of the meeting.
The participants of the discussions underlined that the exchange of experience obtained in the context of the financial crisis will help them easily cope with the similar problems in future and provide more efficient bank supervision.