- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Miners of Georgia are going on strike2010-04-20 10:58
Today, the united trade unioins of Georgia are starting warning strikes in the west of the country, the towns of Zestafoni and Chitauri, Trend reportsgt-en-newsitem-inside
Their main demand is the protection of the employeess' rights. According to Union's information, trade unions and miners decided to take joint measures because of the growing number of accidents and industrial injuries but the meetings in Zestafoni and Chitauri where theese problems ought to be discussed, were held under pressure and control.
"The meetings were planned to be held in two steps: the first one on 10th of April in Zestafoni, the second one on 12th in Chitauri. In both cases miners were carefully wached and in Chitauri they were even physically attacked"- the statement of the Unions says.
In spite of the accidents the striking committee was organized upon the decision taken at the meeting, and a letter specifying the main claims of unions and miners was approved. A 50% salary increase, paid 35-day vacation, working conditions improvement and open-ended labour contracts are among them.