- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazia rejected Turkey’s mediation in negotiations with Georgia2010-04-20 17:07
Turkey could provide assistance to the Abkhaz and Georgian party in finding a common ground for the settlement of the current problems. As was reported by Apsnypress, the fact was stated by Head of the South Caucasus Department of the Turkish MFA Nurdan Bayraktar Golder at the meeting with the Abkhaz Prime Minister Sergey Shamba in Sukhum. The meeting was also attended by Turkish Ambassador to Georgia Levent Murat Burkhan.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In response to Ankara's proposal, Abkhaz Prime Minister Sergey Shamba made it clear that the government of the republic is going to discuss the relationship between Georgia and Abkhazia directly with Georgia.
"We are ready to discuss the relationship between Abkhazia and Turkey with you, - he underlined. - Turkey has got its own interest in our region; we are open for a dialogue and we keep talking about it. However, we have a more specific conversation with those countries that have recognized us as a state".
"Turkey is historically connected with our region, - Shamba stated. - We are setting diplomatic relationship with Nicaragua and Venezuela. I am sure that the political environment will change with time, so, we will wait". Let us remind you that the Turkish delegation in Sukhum has also held a meeting with the Abkhaz Foreign Minister Maxim Gvindzhia. After the meeting, he told the journalists that many issues raised during the meeting did not satisfy the Abkhaz party. "The Turkish delegation mainly voiced the proposals developed by Georgia, for instance, Temur Yakobashvili's strategy. I have nothing to say on the matter", - Gvindzhia said.