- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia named conditions of cooperation with Turkey and Abkhazia2010-04-20 18:57
Georgia is not going to prevent the economical activity in the territory of Abkhazia only on condition of an agreement upon the relevant issues with Tbilisi and on condition that the Georgian legislation is going to be complied with.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This is the way Georgia commented upon the information about the possible direct trade and economical connections between Abkhazia and Turkey, VZGLYAD reports.
As was stated by Chairman of the Parliamentary Committee for Foreign Relations Akakiy Minashvili, "Georgia is ready to conduct economical activities between Turkey and Abkhazia only upon an agreement, with the protection of the Georgian legislation and in the context of the strategy related to the occupied territories developed by Tbilisi". "The Turkish diplomats went to Abkhazia upon our consent and upon the Georgian government's permission", - he underlined in his interview to Pirveli agency.
"As to the business and trade with Abkhazia, a special regime is applied to this territory according to the Georgia law, and no economical activity is possible there without the permission of the Georgian government", - Minashvili said.
As was reported earlier by GeorgiaTimes, Turkey has got no intention to recognize Abkhazia; however, it is ready to develop the trade and humanitarian relationship with the region. This was stated by Head of the South Caucasus Department of the Turkish MFA Nurdan Bayraktar Golder during the meeting with the Abkhaz Prime Minister Sergey Shamba held in Sukhum. The negotiations were also attended by Turkish Ambassador to Georgia Levent Murat Burkhan.
"The purpose of my visit is to show that Abkhazia and the local Turkish community are very important for us, - Golder said. - We have got our own realities to consider. Turkey does not recognize Abkhazia but we are intended to develop the relationship with the region".