- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Nicaragua called upon the world powers to recognize Abkhazia and SO2010-04-20 19:32
Nicaragua has called upon the world countries to recognize the independence of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It would be fair to recognize them (South Ossetia and Abkhazia) as nations so long as they have got a long-term history; they fought for their independence and may pronounce their right of freedom and independence and of creating better conditions for their people... This is an appeal to the world so that it recognized these two nations, leaving the egoism aside", - Foreign Minister of the Latin-American republic Samuel Santos Lopez said, RIA Novosti reports.
Last week, the delegation from Nicaragua led by the head of MFA visited South Ossetia and Abkhazia in order to set up the diplomatic relationship. Commenting upon the outcome of the visit, Lopez has stated that "it was a very interesting visit paid mostly to express the political support to these two nations".
The diplomat also underlined that the decision concerning the setting of the diplomatic relationship does not require ratification in the Parliament of Nicaragua. "This is unnecessary, for there has been signed a decree of the President of the Republic of Nicaragua Daniel Ortega where he immediately recognized South Ossetia and Abkhazia", - the minister stated. He also added that the responsibilities of an ambassador to the country will be performed by head of the diplomatic mission of Nicaragua in Moscow Louis Alberto Molina Cuadro.