- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
In New York Saakashvili Called Democracy Champion2010-04-21 10:40
In New York the Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili was called champion of democracy and people's hope for the future. As the central Georgian TV companies said this morning, Saakashvili obtained such evaluation at his meeting in the New York University, informs the GeorgiaTimes correspondent in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The TV companies also said that the Georgian President was conferred the title of Honoured Doctor of this university, whereupon he made a speech to the audience.
Saakashvili remembered how he studied in New York, how he came there "from a completely different world, from the corrupt and bureaucratic Soviet Union", and his view and opinions were took shape in the USA.
In New York the Georgian leader was received by the Mayor of the city Michael Bloomberg who showed him the City Hall. During their short meeting the parties discussed the prospects of their further co-operation.
The Georgian President also had a short meeting with the multimillionaire Donald Trump, after which said that Trump does not usually meet any politicians but made an exception for Saakashvili as the interest for Georgia is quite high.