- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Baku is against parliamentary elections in Karabakh2010-04-21 18:17
The parliamentarian elections that are to be held in Nagorni Karabakh on May 23 contradict the international legal regulations.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Trend News, this fact was stated by Secretary of the Central Electoral Committee of Azerbaijan Natik Mamedov.
"The elections are held to form a legitimate government. They should be fair, free and democratic, while holding election in the military zone and the occupied territories contradicts the international legal standards", - he said.
According to Mamedov, there is not a single body responsible for the legal basis in Nagorniy Karabakh that would meet the requirements of the law and the international standards, as well as any administration capable of coping with the liabilities placed upon it.
"These territories are under occupation, and the international organizations and world countries recognize Azerbaijan's territorial integrity. Considering this fact, the elections in these territories must be held according to the Azerbaijani legislation", - the CEC official said.
In the opinion of the Secretary of the Central Election Committee, the law of Azerbaijan is effective throughout the whole territory of the country.