- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
TV channel “Russia” crew was awarded for courage2008-10-31 09:09
The TV Channel "Russia" crew, who suffered during the conflict in South Ossetia, was awarded with a public recognition order of the "Honor and Courage" public fund. Journalist of Pravda.ru connected the channel and received information concerning this event.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In August 2008 the crew of the Vesti TV Channel was fired in South Ossetia. The crew was a part of a convoy that was ambushed. The journalists were among the first to tell the nation what was happening in the Caucasus, they were making reportage on combat actions.
Alexander Sladkov, the reporter, was wounded in leg, Igor Uklein, the video engineer, was contused, Leonid Losev, the cameraman, had his hand injured. The journalists were operated in the hospital of Vladikavkaz.
The ceremony was held in the Hall of Fame in the FSSRF Border Troops Museum. The order was presented by Major General Druchinin, the President of the International FSSRF Veteran Fund. «This award symbolizes the recognition people show to these journalists... », he noticed.
«When we were there, in South Ossetia, we were driven only with the desire to be the first in our profession», - answered Alexander Sladkov.
Beside the Vesti journalists, the order was presented to South Ossetia mass media representatives, veterans, servicemen.