- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
About 500 families from North Ossetia are ready to move to SO2010-04-22 15:23
About 500 refugee families are ready to move from North Ossetia to South Ossetia for permanent residence. This has been stated by Minister for National Affairs of RSO-Alania Tajmuraz Kasaev on Wednesday.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Next week, the North-Ossetian Commission of the North-Ossetian National Affairs Ministry is going to start off for Tskhinval from Vladikavkaz. The commission will have to consider on site the opportunity of resettling the refugee families from South Ossetia and inner regions of Georgia who had moved to North Ossetia during the Georgian-Ossetian conflict in 1991-1992.
The authorities of South Ossetia are ready to receive the refugees and provide them with the relevant living conditions. Recently, President Eduard Kokoity addressed them once again, having called upon them to return to the republic where many villages are abandoned and lack hands.
"This is rather a vague plan for me, despite the fact that the South-Ossetian authorities reckon upon the return of their citizens. The republic has not yet solved the housing problems in respect of those who suffered during the 2008 war. Thus, it will be quite problematic for them to receive up to 500 families", - Tajmuraz Kasaev underlined.
Presently, there are about 4,5 thousand refugee families living in North Ossetia who have not got suitable living conditions, and many of them still live in the camps for the temporarily displaced persons. The government of the republic is using all the resources available, being unable to settle the matter by its own forces, ITAR-TASS says.