- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Head of the Georgian MFA is going to visit Turkey2010-04-23 17:08
Head of the Georgian Foreign Ministry Grigol Vashadze is going to pay an official visit to Turkey one of these days. The minister is intended to meet with his Turkish colleague Akhmet Davitoglu in Ankara, GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Moreover, Vashadze's meeting with President of Turkey Abdullah Gul has also been scheduled.
The parties are going to discuss the issues of bilateral cooperation and the situation in the South Caucasus.
In February, Prime Minister of Georgia Nika Gilauri stated that Turkey has been occupying the position of Georgia's main foreign partner in the recent years.
"The major part of the Georgian products is exported to Turkey, and the major share of products are imported to Georgia from this country. Besides, Turkey has become the largest investor in the Georgian economy", - he reported.
The prime minister also stated that Turkey "makes large investments in the fields of energy and tourism in Georgia". He says that "the Turkish companies are going to take part in the construction of a number of new hydroelectric power stations in the territory of Georgia".
Since the beginning of the 90s, Turkey and Georgia have been actively cooperating in the field of trade and economics. Since 2006, Turkey has been Georgia's major foreign partner. In 2008, the foreign trade turnover of Georgia and Turkey amounted to 1202,8 mln dollars, which makes 15,9 percent of the entire external turnover of Georgia, the export accounting for 262,9 mln dollars and the import for 939,9 mln dollars.
The export structure is led by iron-and-steel scrap - 113,7 mln dollars; ferroalloys account for 69,2 mln dollars and cars re-export for 9,2 mln dollars. The import structure is comprised by medicines - 27,2 mln dollars; oil and oil products account for 25 mln dollars, while wood chipboard accounts for 21,8 mln dollars.