- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Pension increase promised by the new Georgian government2008-10-31 12:32
In 2009 Georgia plans a step-by-step minimum pension increase to 100 dollars and also a tax decrease, Georgia Online informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It was mentioned in the speech of the PM candidate, Grigol Mgaloblishvili, who presented the renewed Cabinet and governmental programme "United Georgia without poverty" to parliamentary committees and fractions.
The chief priorities of the 18-month programme are mainly devoted to liquidation of the conflict consequences, and in the first place, resettlement of refugees and creating comfortable conditions for their life.
Social sphere is also one of the most important points of the programme. In 2009 the minimum pension will be count 100 dollars, on the first step salary of teachers will be increased by 50 lari, the socially unprotected part of population, as well as teachers, servicemen and policemen will receive medical insurance.
In Mgaloblishvili's opinion, to keep situation in Georgia stable, it would be better to avoid reshuffle now.