- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New Concrete Mixing Plant to Open in Georgia2010-04-23 18:25
A new concrete mixing plant conceived by a subsidiary of Heidelbergcement will be opened in Gldan on 26 April, says Business Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Some representatives of the German embassy and Tbilisi Mayor's Office will take part in its opening ceremony.
The German company is a worldwide recognized producer of cement, concrete and other building materials with almost 60 000 employees working at its enterprises.
Earlier it was said that in 2009 direct foreign investments into Georgia constituted 759,1 mln. dollars. According to the preliminary data of the National Statistic Service of Georgia, this is almost twice, 804,9 mln. dollars less than the parameter of 2008.
The investments were distributed by economic sectors as follows: 204,1 mln. dollars to manufacturing, 153,6 mln. dollars to transport and communication, 134 mln. dollars to hotels and restaurants, 132 mln. dollars to real estate, 79,7 mln. dollars to construction, 45,3 mln. dollars to banking.
During the recent year only investments to construction and banking have grown, while investments to other economic areas have declined quite significantly.
In 2009 the largest investor country of Georgia was the UAE that provided 169,8 mln. dollars. The second position is occupied by Egypt (167,5 mln. dollars), the third one by the Netherlands (105,7 mln. dollars).