- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The UN and PACE November session discuss situation in Abkhasia and South Ossetia2008-10-31 15:52
The Political Committee of PACE holds a conference on November, 3-5th in New York. The conference is combined with the 53rd UN General Assembly session, at which the Secretary General of the Council of Europe, Terry Davis presents his speech", - Interfax informed, alluding to Leonid Slutsky, First Deputy Chairman of the State Duma's Committee on International Affairs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Slutsky, the conference will touch upon a problem of ways to normalize situation in Abkhasia and South Ossetia. The MP mentioned that Davis is expected to make speak of "the CE and the UN cooperation , and of the role the CE plays in the life of European continent and in normalization of situations in areas of conflict.
Slutsky underlined that in the first line the UN Secretary General will pay attention to the situation in South Ossetia and Abkhasia after the events of August, 2008. He mentioned that the in this issue the opinion of the Secretary General is different from the one of Russian delegation in PACE". That's why, underlined Slutsky, he, as one of the leaders of the Russian delegation in PACE, is also going to make a speech at the New York forum, in order to present the Russian view on the events in the Caucasus.