- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition demands to return the Imedy TV company to the owner’s family2008-10-31 17:30
Lleaders of the oppositive parties staged a protest action in front of the Imedy building. They demanded to return the TV company to the family of its owner, businessman Badri Patarkatsishvili, who had died one year before. A briefing with the opposition leaders was held after the protest action.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As one of them, Zviad Dzidziguri, the representative of the Conservative Party, stated, «Today a photograph of Badri Patarkatsishvili is hanging in the hall of the TV company. It's cynical and it's another proof of unsoundness of today's rule. Nowadays practically all the TV companies comprise one holding and serve the interests of the rule. We intend to strive to get the Imedy back to people». He added that the next protest action takes place on Novembe, 7th , and the return of the TV company to it's owner's family will be one of the chief demands.
The opposition calls everyone who cares for the fate of the Imedy and free mass media, to unite. Today's day is symbolic for them: October,31st is Badri Patarkatsishvili's birthday.