- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia approved of Iran’s intentions to prepare a plan to normalize situation in the Caucasus2008-11-01 09:20
"The initiative of Iran to keep peace and stability in the Caucasus is natural, as Iran is a historical partner of the countries in that region", stated Irakly Menagarishvili, the director of the Centre of Strategic Research of Georgia, reports Georgia Online.gt-en-newsitem-inside
«Iran is a historical neighbor and partner of all Caucasian countries and, therefore, no-one should be surprised with its interest in stability in the Caucasus and partnership with the countries of the region. It's hard to speak of certain motives or purposes of the initiative, but, I think, the rule must discuss in detail every initiative concerning the region and our country as its part, and draw conclusions», - Mengarishvili underlined.
Let us remind, that the Iranian Foreign Affairs Minister claimed the intention to present a plan to ensure stability in the Caucasus. According to his statement, the plan is ready and soon will be presented.
As it is widely known, the PM of Turkey, Rejep Erdogan presented his plan to settle the conflicts and ensuring stability in the Caucasus, "Caucasus Stability Pact". The plan implies creating the regional Caucasus Alliance to unite all the countries of the region - Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Turkey and Russia.