- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ugulava brought personal application for running in mayoral elections to CEC2010-04-26 13:31
This morning, the current Mayor of Tbilisi personally brought an application for running in the elections to the post of Mayor of Tbilisi to the Georgian CEC, GeorgiaTimes correspondent reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As was stated by Gigi Ugulava, from now on, he joins the pre-electoral race and within the next 34 days he will try to explain to the people what the ruling party is intended to do for Tbilisi's benefit.
"We have done a lot; still, there is a lot more to do. Our task remains the same: employment assistance, development of the capital and stability ensuring, capital improvement and providing the people's welfare", - Ugulava explained.
Since this day, all the officers of the Tbilisian Mayor's Office and local officials that have been named as candidates for local deputy or will take part in the ruling party's pre-electoral campaign are on leave.
Earlier, the opposition has more than once made demands on the ruling party so long as the latter did not name any candidate for the post of Mayor of Tbilisi. In the opinion of the opposition, the authorities were deliberately delaying his nomination so that he could more efficiently use the administrative resources prohibited by law.