- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia’s foreign trade has grown2010-04-26 14:39
This year, after a decline that lasted through the whole of the previous year, Georgia's foreign trade has been steadily growing. According to the information of National Statistics Service, in January-March 2010, the foreign trade amounted to 1 bln 359 mln dollars, which is 15 percent greater than the same figure of the same period last year, GeorgiaTimes correspondent in Tbilisi reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The expert has grown by 55 percent (339 mln dollars), while the import has increased by 6 percent (1 bln 20 mln dollars).
In January-March 2010, Georgia's negative trade balance amounted to 681 mln dollars, which is 9 percent lower than the January-March 2009 figure.
The foreign trade turnover with the countries of the European Union increased by 16 percent up to 358 mln dollars. The export has grown by 55 percent and reached 82 mln dollars, while the import has increased by 7 percent (276 mln dollars).
The foreign trade turnover with the CIS countries has grown by 17 percent (429 mln dollars); the export has grown by 45 percent (118 mln dollars долларов) and import by 9 percent (311 mln dollars).
Turkey remains Georgia's largest trade partner in January-March 2010; the foreign trade with this country has increased by 14 mln dollars, having reached 212 mln dollars. The export increased by 18 mln dollars (53 mln dollars), while the import went down by 32 mln dollars (159 mln dollars).
Azerbaijan retains the second place - 137 mln dollars, which is by 18 mln dollars greater than the figure of the same period last year. The export has grown by 13 mln dollars (46 mln dollars), while the import has increased by 5 mln dollars (91 mln dollars).
The third place is occupied by Ukraine - 127 mln dollars, which is by 22 mln dollars greater than the figure of the same period last year; the export has grown by 4 mln dollars (20 mln dollars) and the import by 18 mln dollars (107 mln dollars).