- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition promises free textbooks for schoolchildren2010-04-26 17:22
Candidate for the post of Mayor of Tbilisi nominated by National Council Zviad Dzidziguri promises that all the schoolchildren will be given free textbooks in case he wins the local elections.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This was stated today at the presentation of the educational part of National Council's electoral program, GeorgiaTimes correspondent in Tbilisi reports.
"What is happening in the educational system today is mere corruption, for there are 4-5 textbook versions on one and the same subject and the pupils buy them at the teacher's instruction", - Dzidziguri stated.
He says that the single standard of schoolbooks will be introduced throughout Georgia in the context of the educational reform suggested by National Council. These books will be developed and selected in the form of a tender in cooperation with the experts of the corresponding knowledge area.
The schoolbooks issued according to the single standards will be bought by the Mayor's Office of Tbilisi and given to the libraries of all the state schools. The pupils will take the books from the library.
According to Dzidziguri, the implementation of the project requires 23 mln laris allocated from the budget of the capital once in four years so long as the average term of using a schoolbook is 4 years.