- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Three apartment buildings came down in Tbilisi2010-04-27 11:37
Last night, three apartment buildings came down in Tbilisi, GeorgiaTimes correspondent reports. The incidents happened in three different regions of the capital.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In all the three cases, it was the walls of the buildings in disrepair that came down. Fortunately, none of the residents suffered.
The rescue team that arrived at the scene helped clear the territory of the pieces. The regional administration officials promised the residents to provide them with alternative dwellings in the near future.
The buildings in disrepair come down in Tbilisi after each heavy rain. The housing stock of the Georgian capital was severely damaged during the April earthquake in 2002. The experts advised the government to urgently pull down the buildings of the third damage category and start enforcing the buildings of the second damage category, which, otherwise, will pass to the third category. However, neither the previous, nor the current authorities seem to be listening to the experts' advice.