- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mikhail Saakashvili signed an “occupied lands” law2008-11-01 11:39
The "occupied lands" law was signed by the president of Georgia, Mikhail Saakashvili, yesterday, Georgia Online informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Last week the law was accepted by the Georgian Parliament last week; it concerns with the territories of Abkhasia and South Ossetia. According to the signed document, a number of restrictions on freedom of movement and economic activities must be imposed on the territory of the "occupied lands".
According to this law, foreign citizens may enter these territories only from Georgia. To be precise, from the Zugdidi municipality - to Abkhasia, from the Gori municipality - to South Ossetia.
Foreign citizens, who used other directions to get to Abkhasia and South Ossetia, including the ways from Russia, will be punished in accordance with the criminal code of Georgia.
Besides, this law project implies the prohibition of any economic activity, including entrepreneurship, which requires a license, a special permission or a registration in accordance with Georgian law. Air, sea and railway communication, international delivery, natural resources extraction and money transfers are also prohibited.