- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The opposition: Saakashvili will be overthrown should Kiev recognize Abkhazia and SO2010-04-28 15:23
Ukraine's recognition of the independence of Abkhazia and South Ossetia will become a ground for ousting President of Georgia Mikhail Saakashvili.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This was stated to the journalists today by former Prime Minister, leader of the oppositional Movement for Fair Georgia Zurab Nogaideli, VZGLYAD reports.
"God save us; still, if Ukraine makes such a decision, the entire responsibility will be placed upon Saakashvili", - he said.
According to him, "it is Saakashvili who is to blame for the loss of the territories".
Zurab Nogaideli has stated that the Georgian people do not deserve "a cowardly leader".
As was reported earlier by GeorgiaTimes, after the meeting with Secretary General of the Council of Europe Turbjern Jagland, President of Ukraine Victor Yanukovitch was asked whether Ukraine is going to recognize the independence of these two republics.
"Ukraine is ready to support the process of the equality of the democratic values and the people's rights in the territories of the frozen conflicts", - Yanukovitch said. He added that he is "strongly opposed to the application of the double-standards policy". "It is time to consider the criteria of providing independence to the territories of the frozen conflicts, as well as the approach to the localization of these conflicts in the current situation", - President of Ukraine noted.
While answering, Yanukovitch managed to avoid mentioning the names of the states.
It should also be noted that before Yanukovitch came to power, the Party of the Regions stated that it was the then President Victor Yushchenko who prevented Ukraine's recognition of the Caucasian republics' independence.