- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Number of RF patrol boats in Abkhazia will grow twice2010-04-29 14:38
The number of the Russian border patrol boats dislocated in the Abkhaz town of Ochamchira will grow twice in the nearest time. This was recently reported to the journalists by Head of the republican Coast Guard Department of the RF FSS Border Service Border Administration, Captain Alexander Tudakov, RIA Novosti reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"There are four border patrol boats in the division at the moment, Sobols (Sables) and Mangusts (Mongooses). In the nearest future, the group of boats will be increase up to eight", - Tudakov said; however, he did not specify when it will happen.
According to him, the increase of the number of boats will enable to enhance the operational efficiency and expand the zone of constant patrolling.
According to Tudakov, within the first five months of patrolling, Russian border guards have many times established the cases of violating the border regime in Abkhazia. He said that it was the local fishermen going to sea without the relevant permissions who turned out to be the principal trespassers.
According to his data, not a single case of the Georgian vessels entering the territorial waters of the republic has been established during the stay of the border patrol boats division in Abkhazia.