- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
RF is grateful to Council of Europe for its assistance in settling the problems of the Caucasus2010-04-29 17:03
Moscow is going to welcome the contribution of the Council of Europe to the settlement of humanitarian problems in the Caucasus, Head of RF MFA Sergey Lavrov stated in Strasbourg.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"CE is already working there in the form of the institute of High Commissioner for Human Rights. These activities really bring relief to the people, so we support it. In this aspect, other mechanisms of the Council of Europe can make their contribution to resolving humanitarian problems that are still unsettled there", - the minister said.
While answering the question about the monitoring of the situation on the part of CE in South Ossetia and Abkhazia, Lavrov underlined that he "does not know what kind of monitoring is meant".
"If one is talking about the monitoring applied to the members of the Council of Europe, then, one should first admit the relevant states to the Council of Europe and then start talking about it", - he summed up.
As was reported earlier by GeorgiaTimes, today Lavrov is going to meet CE Secretary General Turbjern Yagland and PACE Chairman Mevlut Cavusoglu; the discussion will be focused upon Moscow's liabilities before the Council of Europe and the Russian-Georgian relationship.