- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mikhail Saakashvili stated that the conflict in the Caucasus started with the Ukraine2008-11-05 13:43
According to Mikhail Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, the aggression in the Caucasus started with the Ukraine.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Georgian President, though Victor Yushchenko, the Ukrainian President, did his best to avoid it, but it was the leaving of the ships (of the Russian Black Sea Fleet) from Sevastopol to Georgia that started the conflict, announced Saakashvili on the under the aegis of NATO in Riga , informs Radio Svoboda.
It occurred 6 days before the first combat actions on the administrative border on South Ossetia, Saakashvili reminded.
«Those, who want to be aware of the beginning of the combat actions, should know that the Black Sea Fleet left the Ukraine for Georgian coast at least of it, 6 days before wider combat actions. I don't think they were going for an excursion! People just don't want to know it. The Black Sea Fleet came to Georgian coast fully armed. The President of the Ukraine tried to stop them with his decree, but they ignored it», - Saakashvili claimed.
When he was asked, whether the Ukraine supported Georgia during the conflict, the Georgian leader answered that this support was active and sincere. «Many ordinary people hung Georgian flags out. Hundreds of thousands Georgian flags had been sold in Kiev, Lvov and many other cities in a few days. And it shows the attitude of the Ukrainian society», - Saakashvili noticed.