- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Patarkatsishvili’s family opened Media Freedom Support Foundation in Georgia2010-04-29 20:40
The family of the late tycoon Badri Patarkatsishvili is going to establish the Mass Media Freedom Support Foundation. The structure is going to be headed by former British Ambassador to Georgia Donald McLaren.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Rosbalt, today the tycoon's relatives disseminated a statement saying that the Imedi independent company (established by Badri Patarkatsishvili) that used to enjoy the people's respect and trust exists no longer.
The family of the late businessman believes that "it is only the devaluated name" that is left of the former Imedi. The report says that when Badri Patarkatsishvili owned the TV channel it was "the lighthouse of freedom" demonstrating the new standards of free, high-quality information and analysis.
"Badri's family continues their fair struggle for bringing Imedi back; however, unfortunately, the process turned out to be longer than it had been expected. So far, we consider our own contribution to the development of free and democratic media in Georgia to be very important. That is why we decided to establish the Mass Media Freedom Support Foundation", - the late businessman's family informs.