- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Media Freedom Support Foundation is not going to be involved in politics2010-04-29 22:14
Former British Ambassador to Georgia Donald McLaren who headed the Media Freedom Support Foundation in Georgia established by the relatives of the late businessman Badri Patarkatsishvili assures that the new structure will not be involved in politics.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Rosbalt, McLaren has stated that the request of Patarkatsishvili's wife Inna Gudavadze to help her establish the foundation and become its leader is a great honor for him.
"The freedom of media was one of my basic priorities in the years of my work at the Embassy (the British Embassy in Georgia), - McLaren reported.
According to him, the foundation is not going to pursue any political purposes. "The aim of the foundation is quite simple and transparent: it is the support of the free, high-quality and objective journalism", - the former Ambassador explained.
"In Tbilisi, the foundation is going to have its own team. The team and the monitoring council of the foundation are being composed at the moment", - McLaren's statement goes.
"For us, the priority field is television, or, rather, its informational segment. We are also ready to consider the applications from other mass media", - the head of the new foundation underlined.