- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU will not recognize South Ossetia and Abkhasia, Solana stated2008-11-05 16:53
The EU isn't going to recognize Abkhasia and South Ossetia, as «the power politics of Russia» to Georgia is inadmissible, stated today Javier Solana, High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy, Secretary-General of the Council of the European Union, as he answered the questions of European parliament MPs in Brussels, informs "Our Abkhasia".gt-en-newsitem-inside
«There will be no recognition (of South Ossetia and Abkhasia). That's clear», - he said.
At the same time, Solana considered the access of the EU observers to South Ossetia and Abkhasia reasonable.
Let us remind, Russia recognized Avkhasia and South Ossetia as independent republics on August, 26th . The recognition was preceded with combat actions started on August, 8th . As a result, the capital of South Ossetia, Tskhinval, was ruined, over 1500 civilians were killed. Russia conducted a compulsion of peace and defense of Russian citizens in Georgia.