- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania was named for the post of Mayor of Tbilisi2010-04-30 16:00
Today, leader of Alliance for Georgia Irakli Alasania registered his candidature for the post of Mayor of Tbilisi in CEC, GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The relevant application was made in CEC by Number One of the Alliance's voting list Tinatin Khidasheli, as well as Zurab Abashidze and Mamuka Katsitadze.
Supporters of Alliance for Georgia stated their assuredness of the victory of their candidate at the coming elections on May 30.
As has been reported earlier, the term of registration of the candidates for the post of Mayor of Tbilisi who wish to take part in local elections expires today.
According to the information provided by CEC of Georgia, there have been registered 8 candidates by now: it is Gigi Ugulava, the candidate named by the ruling United National Movement party, member of National Council Zviad Dzidziguri, The People's Democrats' candidate Nika Ivanishvili, leader of the Future Georgia party Georgi Lagidze and the candidate of the Democratic Party of Georgia David Yakobidze.
During yesterday's meeting, CEC also registered the candidatures of Gogi Topadze (The Industrials), Georgiy Chanturia (Christian-Democrats) and Tamaz Vashadze (Solidarity).