- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
PACE abstained from criticizing Russia in connection with the events on Caucasus2008-11-06 12:48
Russia is content with the he Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) conference results, occurred in course if the UN General Assembly session in New York, shared Leonid Slutsky, First Deputy Chairman of the State Duma's Committee on International Affairs, RIA-Novosti informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Slutsky, the members of assembly abstained from criticizing Russia in connection with the events in South Ossetia and Abkhasia. Terry Davis, the Secretary General of the Council of Europe, who also has a status of the UN observer, didn't utter any remark addressed to Russia, in his entire speech.
According to Slutsky, Russian delegation expected «a number of questions on delicate topics - Abkhasia and South Ossetia. » The same topics must have been mentioned in Terry Davis' speech, who intended to speak of inadequate force use. He had been in Tbilisi but hadn't been in Moscow. There were reasons to think he would build up (critics of Russia). But I had met him beforehand, and he seemed to listen to Russian arguments, and cut out that part of his speech", - said Slutsky, concluding the results of the 3-day meeting of The Political Committee of PACE , finished in the UN headquarters on Wednesday.
PACE holds the conferences of this Committee 2 times a year in the UN headquarters in new York.