- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Government of Georgia reports the growth of economy2010-05-04 11:46
The economy of Georgia successfully overcame the crisis and took the way of economic growth, PM Nika Gilauri reports - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He presented the success in the economic sphere at the meeting with Georgian businessmen in Radisson hotel in Tbilisi.
In particular, he reported the increment of GDP in the first quarter 2010 [comparing to the similar period of 2009] amounted 4 per cent.
Tax income of the budget grew by 12.1 per cent and amounted 1 086 500 000 lari [appr. USD 650.6 mln].
Deposita of the banking sector increased by 44.5 per cent [again, comparing to the similar period of 2009] and amounted 3 587 000 000 lari [appr. USD 2 147 904 000].
Export grew by 54 per cent, import increased by 6 per cent in comparison to the similar period of 2009; trade balance deficiency decreased by 8.7 per cent [in comparison to January-March 2009].
Positive indexes were registered in production and export of power energy, cargo delivery and other spheres of economy, the PM noted.