- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
CE delegation is meeting with Georgian opposition leaders2010-05-04 13:09
CE delegation, staying in Tbilisi with a visit, is meeting with Georgian opposition leaders - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The meeting with representatives of CE Congress of Local and Regional Authorities was attended by Gogi Topadze, the leader of Industry to Save Georgia party; Zviad Dzidziguri, the Conservative party chairman; Nika Ivanishvili, the People's Democrats head; Viktor Dolidze, the Alliance for Georgia representative, and others.
Before the meeting opposition members said they would talk to CE representatives on necessity to monitor the upcoming elections.
"Europe doesn't know about all these tricks the authorities of Georgia resort to rig elections. We'll talk about the problems in pre-electoral process and importance of efficient monitoring of elections," Dzidziguri said.
CE delegation arrived in Tbilisi with a 3-day visit to get acquainted with the electoral situation in the country. In end May a monitoring group of 20 will arrive in Georgia to work at local elections.