- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The Ukraine may declare a moratorium on weapon export to Georgia2008-11-07 10:48
Valeriy Konovalyuk, Head of the Temporal Commitee on Investigaion of the Illegal weapons and Defense technologies Sales to Georgia, predicts a declaration of the moratorium on armament sales to Georgia by the Parliament, RIA-Novosti informs, alluding to the UNIAN, Ukranian news agency.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The decree (of Verkhovna Rada), will evidently declare a moratorium on weapon export to Georgia", - shared Konovalyuk today. According to him, in the course of visit to the conflict region (on November, 4th , the members of the Committee returned from South Ossetia and Russia) the Ukranian side obtained the documents proving that military specialists, citizens of the Ukraine, participated in the conflict. "No doubt, the question on political assessment and responsibility will arise, in the first line - of the assessment and responsibility of the President, who ensured the total control over the Ukranian weapon export sphere", - the chairman underlined.
Konovalyuk also mentioned that the Direction of Control and Revision conducted an inspection and detected serious breaches in activities of the Ucrspecexport, the Ukranian weapons exporter, and other organizations engaged in armaments export. "The Committee will be ready to present its report in a plenary week, because we want to use the reports of the inspection", - said the MP. Moreover, according to Konovalyuk, the draft of the moratorium on weapon export to Georgia will imply the appeal to the Cabinet of Ministers with a request to dismiss the heads of the Ucrspecexport, Ucroboronservis and Ucrinmash. The PM stated the Committee is going to initiate the Parliamentary consideration of the law drafts on military-technical cooperation and ammunition utilization. According to Kovalyuk's predictions, "the constitutional majority will vote pro: over 300 votes" out of 450.