- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliamentary sittings in May to be held only in cases of emergency2010-05-05 14:49
In May, in the period left to the self-governance elections, plenary sittings of the Georgian Parliament will be held only in the case of paramount necessity, stated David Bakradze, the Speaker, yesterday - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He reminded the precedent of 2006, when the Parliament of the previous convocation made a logical, in his view, decision to shift from regular plenary sittings to sittings in the cases of necessity.
"It was a right decision, as many MPs as political figures participated in electoral campaign. Considering this precedent, we made the decision to shift to pre-electoral mode of work," he explained.
He added it doesn't mean MPs have vacations. The Parliament will continue its work in the mode reasoned by the present-day political situation in the country and legal regulations.