- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Two Georgian parties renounced their participation in elections2010-05-05 17:47
Two Georgian parties - Kartuli Dasi and the Movement for United Georgia - recalled their submissions for participation in elections of May 30th , reported Juli Giorgadze, the spokesperson of CEC - Kavkazski Uzel.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"They didn't explain what caused this decision", she said and added parties, registered in CEC, can renounce before May 28th.
The media says Kartuli Dasi made the decision not to be one more rival to opposition. The Movement for United Georgia believes the government will rig the elections.
"For us the participation in these elections was the way to get rid of President Mikheil Saakashvili and his anti-state, anti-democratic regime, but running for Tbilisi Mayor or Sakrebulo [city assembly].Unfortunately, despite repeated attempts we failed to reach agreement and follow one correct plan and tactics," the movement's statement says.
In this way, 14 parties and 3 electoral blocs participate. Out of them 9 nominated Tbilisi Mayor candidates.
This year the Mayor of the capital will be elected directly - for the first time. Previously Mayors were elected by Sakrebulo members from their colleagues.