- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Two opposition members wounded in a clash with police2010-05-06 13:10
Two opposition members were taken to hospital after clash with police, said Eka Beselia, the Solidarity with Political Prisoners movement - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Kakha Berishvili, the People's Party youth wing member, was delivered to hospital in severe condition...Bidzina gegidze was also taken to hospital, a stone hit his leg," she claimed.
She read aloud the statement of action organizers and highlighted the clash was a "result of provocation from the side of police."
"We didn't violate the constitutional order. We had the right to stay where we were...and police blocked roads even where parade wasn't held. We didn't yield to provocation, we had no thoughts about violence. The provocation was conducted by people in civil disguise behind riot police. They started throwing stones. Opposition representatives, in their turn, defended," she said.
The clash occurred several hundred meters far from the Interior Ministry building in Tbilisi.
In the morning a column of opposition members walked to the Ministry, where the parade of police was held, but had to bypass along the railway, as the central road was blocked by police.
Police units were also quickly drawn along railway, riot police is arriving.
They tried to shove protesters back, minor clashes occur.
Some throw stones at policemen, riot police uses shields and batons in response.