- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Protest action participants set off towards Saakashvili’s residence2008-11-07 17:43
Participants of the protest action, organized by the united opposition of Georgia, set off towards the presidential residence in Avlabar.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The train is headed by the opposition leaders; they put on gas masks (symbolically), Our Abkhasia Web site informs.
The Leader of the New Rights Party, David Gamkrelidze, made a speech for the manifestants. According to him, November, 7th , was not the only case of violence demonstration from the side of the authorities.
«Fir four years we have witnessed violence from the side of authorities, arrests and killings of innocent people . These killings continue even now», - Gamkrelidze mentioned.
He recollected the case of Roin Shavadze, the killed serviceman of the Senaki battalion, and touched upon the election of January, 5th , 2008.
«January, 5th , was followed by a hunger strike of opposition, then there was a parliamentary election of May, 21st , when Saakashvili appropriated all the power . Then August, 7th came, that would remain a black day in modern history. In august we lost prospective to join NATO and Europaen structures. After this criminal decision, Saakashvili has no right to be the commander-in-chief and the ruler of the country», - Gamkrelidze mentioned.
As he underlined, the two threats to Georgia are Russia and Saakashvili, Georgian people must cope with both these enemies.