- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
NATO hails sending Georgian peacemakers to Afghanistan2010-05-07 12:00
NATO Military Committee expressed support to Georgia's decision to send 750 military to Gilmend province [Afghanistan] as reinforcement for international forces - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The official statement of NATO hails Georgia's contribution and mentions it makes Georgia the NATO partner country which sent the second largest contingent.
Previously Georgi Baramidze, the State Minister for European and Atlantic Integration of Georgia, claimed "the decision of the NATO Bucharest summit on future admission of Ukraine and Georgia remains valid."
"It's up to the people of Ukraine, its parliament, government and president to decide - whether to join NATO or not," he said.
Baramidze mentioned it wouldn't affect Georgia's plans to join.