- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
National Council demands to annul registration of a ruling party’s candidate2010-05-11 10:30
The National Council of opposition demands to annul registration of the majouritary deputies of Tbilisi Sakrebulo [city assembly] candidate from the ruling party, the United National Movement. It is Georgi Chachanidze, the candidate in Didubi district, Georgia Times correspondent reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At yesterday's press conference Kakha Kukava, the Secretary General of the Conservative party, said Chchanidze was caught attempting to bribe members of the district electoral commission.
According to his information, the candidate invited commission's members to a restaurant and presented them tickets to a concert.
"The National Council demands to change the staff of Didubi district commission and annul registration of the ruling party's candidate Georgi Chachanidze," Kukava said.
The National Council intends to bring claim to both Central Electoral Commission and the Prosecutor's Office.