- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Foreign Ministry welcomes the decision of the EU Council2010-05-12 10:59
"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia welcomes the approval of negotiating directives for association agreement with Georgia by the EU General Affairs Council held on 10 May 2010 led by Minister for Foreign Affairs and Cooperation of Spain Miguel Angel Moratinos," Press and Information Department of the Foreign Ministry informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Association Agreement will replace the current partnership and cooperation agreement and will deepen relations between Georgia and the EU in the fields of priority.
"The aforesaid Agreement will lead to Georgia's political association and economic integration with EU as stipulated by the joint declaration of the Eastern Partnership launched at the Prague Summit on 7 May 2009," the statement says.
On May 10th 2010 the General Affairs Council also made a decision on establishment of a new subcommittee in priority policy spheres.