- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Semneby met with Baramidze2010-05-12 12:35
Yesterday peter Semneby, the EU special envoy to South Caucasus, met with Georgi Baramidze, Georgian State Minister for Integration into European and Atlantic Structures - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
After the meeting Baramidze said they discussed issues of cooperation between Georgia and the EU, including beginning of negotiations on association. They also touched upon the new strategy of Georgian government to Abkhazia and South Ossetia. The sides highlighted the importance of world community's involvement in settlement of Georgian-Russian conflict. Baramidze and Semneby also discussed the pre-electoral situation in the country, and the State Minister thanked the EU special envoy for the active participation of the EU in the process of elections.
Semneby highlighted it was very important the pre-electoral situation in Georgia is stable. He added it was confirmed by the conclusion of OSCE monitoring mission.
He commented upon Georgia's new strategy in regard to Abkhazia and South Ossetia and stated this strategy was acceptable for the EU.